Journeys to the Heart of the Amazon
Arkana Peru offer a revolution in “conscious travel,” where travellers can deeply immerse themselves in local culture, learn ancient indigenous beliefs and practices, have deeply meaningful experiences, and give back in meaningful ways to host communities while doing it! Hosted by Arkana Arts, our non profit for the support of indigenous arts and culture and partner artists and organization, we strive to create unique experience through creative collaborations with local educators and organizations. These travel intensives are designed to challenge and enrich through integrating education, adventure, and intercultural connection, and reciprocity.
Amazon Medicine Intensive: July 23rd-30th, 2018
Join us on a tour de force of the Upper Amazon of Peru!
- Explore the mysterious world of Amazonian vegetalismo (plant spirit shamanism) at magical traditional plant medicine centre, Santuario Huishtin.
- Take ecological treks into the virgin rainforest to identify and harvest medicinal plants and visit the boiling river, Shanay-timpiska, en ecological wonder of the world!
- Learn from local botanical experts about the properties and preparation of Amazonian plants.
- Prepare a pusanga, a powerful perfume magic for love and luck
- Participate in two powerful shamanic ceremonies
- Take a boat excursion on the Ucayali River to visit the Shipibo-Conibo village of San Francisco and learn about indigenous cosmology and culture.
- Finally, volunteer and learn on a local community permaculture project with the Shipibo-Conibo Community in Yarina Coche with a partner NGO.
- Flights not included. Price based on a single occupancy.
Retreat Price: $1600 USD + 300 Registration (Must be received by June 14th, 2018 ).
Proceeds from the Amazon Medicine Intensive go to saving the rainforest! To find out more, visit the Arkana Arts Conservation Project.