Journeys to the Heart of the Amazon
Arkana Peru offer a revolution in “conscious travel,” where travellers can deeply immerse themselves in local culture, learn ancient indigenous beliefs and practices, have deeply meaningful experiences, and give back in meaningful ways to host communities while doing it! Hosted by Arkana Arts, our non profit for the support of indigenous arts and culture and partner artists and organization, we strive to create unique experience through creative collaborations with local educators and organizations. These travel intensives are designed to challenge and enrich through integrating education, adventure, and intercultural connection, and reciprocity.
Visionary Arts Immersion: August 6th-13th, 2018.
Fire your imagination on an incredible journey to the Shipibo heartland of Peru!
- Embark on a visionary voyage of discovery in the rainforest with well known visionary artists and experts on Amazonian art and culture!
- Visit local visionary artists’ studios in Pucallpa and art schools such as the Usko-Ayar School of Amazonian painting in Pucallpa, founded by the famous artist/shaman Pablo Amaringo.
- Travel by boat on the beautiful Ucayali and spend a day and night at the Shipibo-Conibo village of San Francisco learning the ancient and mysterious tradition of hand-built ceramics and tapestry painting.
- Then travel to the rainforest to Santuario Huishtin, a magical healing center on a boiling river!
Where you will take a botanical hike and learn about visionary plant medicines that boost dreaming and creativity.
- Finally, participate at a local community art project in the Shipibo community of Santa Clara.
- Flights not included. Price based on a single occupancy.
Retreat Price: $1750 USD + 300 Registration (Must be received by June 14th, 2018 ).
Proceeds from the Visionary Arts Immersion go to saving the rainforest!
To find out more, visit the Arkana Arts Conservation Programme.